Tuesday, April 10, 2012

HAWMC Days 9 & 10

Two days in one post!

Monday April 9
Keep calm and carry on. Write (and create) your own Keep Calm and Carry On poster. Can you make it about your condition? Then go to (http://www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/) and actually make an image to post to your blog.

I didn't understand what this was, really. Google told me it's an English wartime motivational poster ripoff? Ok. I'm not sure I really got the point of this, but I went with Mindful Living Doesn't Suck As Much. I'm not exactly an optimistic person, nor am I a believer in bootstraps or stiff upper lips, which seems to be the general theme of these posters, unless I'm totally not understanding it, but I am a believer in mindfulness and in the case of my chronic migraines, mindfulness has been key in having a quality of life that's worth living.




Tuesday April 10
Dear 16-year-old-me. Write a letter to yourself at age 16. What would you tell yourself? What would you make your younger self aware of?

Dear 16-year-old steph,

Considering you are stubborn as hell and regularly ignore perfectly good advice for the sake of figuring it all out on your own, I won't bother trying to tell you what's what. Instead, I'll just say that you're doing great. I'm proud of you. You are beautiful and creative and smart and funny and loved and great at loving. Just always do your best and be yourself.

Love, steph who is now older than you ever thought you could be.



0 comments: