Sunday, April 1, 2012

#HAWMC, sort of

I'm semi-participating in Wego's The Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge, #HAWMC, so I'll be making sporadic attempts at posting more frequently and using the provided prompts throughout this month. To start off, I'm going to answer today's question, sort of. Great start, right?

Sunday April 1

Health Time Capsule. Pretend you’re making a time capsule of you & your health focus that won’t be opened until 2112. What’s in it? What would people think of it when they found it?

I don't have any ideas for a time capsule, I'm much more of a written-record kind of lady. I just hope that in a hundred years people are marveling that anyone suffered through chronic pain of any sort.

The point of this doing this month-long exercise, for me, is to step outside of my comfort zone, and maybe explore a little outside my usual rut. I love blogging, I love writing, I love just typing out whatever comes into my head and having others respond to it, but I tend to write about the same stuff. Take my tag cloud there in the sidebar. It's a list of words that I've assigned to posts, and since my first few months of writing, certain words have been more frequent than others. Triggers, treatments, emotions, symptoms and dealing are the top five things I write about, and while that's unlikely to change while this is still a migraine and living with chronic illness-focused blog, I would definitely like to broaden my horizons. Maybe writing more frequently and pushing my brain to stretch instead of waiting for inspiration to strike will give me some new ideas to work with.

Thus endeth post one. If I get ten of these out I'll be impressed with myself.



0 comments: