Thursday, April 5, 2012

HAWMC, Day 5

Ekphrasis Post. Go to flickr.com/explore and write a post inspired by the image.

It was a lovely photo of a flower, which I'm not linking because I'm lazy and you know what pretty flowers look like, probably. The picture made me a little sad because I haven't been taking photo walks as often as I used to. But, that's really a good thing because I'm so busy doing other things I couldn't do before. Taking slow walks with my camera was sometimes my only sanity back in the loud, oppressive city, but up here in the mountains, I'm a lot more active around the house and am finding it difficult to make the time.

Another part of my lack of photo-taking is that the quality of the photos I want to produce has finally outgrown my little point and shoot camera's capabilities and if conditions aren't just so, I'm often disappointed in the images it returns. Out of probably 600 photos downloaded last week, a backlog of six months, only about 100 were even worth editing, and only eight made it up at cafepress. Alas, a good camera is just another thing that costs money. Hey! Maybe you and all your friends should buy a couple of my prints or other photo products and encourage me to get back to it!



0 comments: