Monday, April 23, 2012

HAWMC, Day 23

Health Activist Choice Day 2! Write about whatever you like. I chose to grab one of the bonus prompts: Happy Place. When you need an escape from your condition where do you imagine yourself? Close your eyes and go to your happy place – then describe the sights, sounds, scents, and feelings.

When I meditate, I have a few places I go to. I imagine stairs, as I see myself traveling up them, I imagine the door at the end. When I reach it, I turn the knob, the door opens and I'm outside. I walk along a short rock wall, trailing my fingers on the smooth stones, their rough edges, and the crumbling mortar in between. I focus on those sensations as I imagine the world unfolding around me. Sometimes I'm at the beach, the surf is roaring, the sun is gently shining and the sand is deserted. Sometimes there's a huge meadow, in the middle of which is my whole family, having a picnic. They beckon to me, and I run and dance through the wildflowers and grasses to meet them. Other times, I just walk. I'll imagine cliffs over the sea, or a huge, ancient, crumbling castle to explore, it changes every time. The only things that are always the same are the stairs, the door, and the rock wall.


0 comments: