Saturday, April 7, 2012

HAWMC, Day 7

Health Activist Choice! Write about what you want today. (Apparently, that's food and my pooper. Enjoy!)

All I really want right now is some ice cream. Or cheese. But it seems that dairy is causing some mild issues (gi, skin, menstrual), so I'm wondering if it may also be contributing to bigger problems than I realize. So, I'm cutting way down on the dairy and it's painful, emotionally. My skin looks great though. Dammit.

I've been nutritionally slacking lately. I'm still eating better than I did at some other points in my life, but I'm having to rely on ramen and peanut butter sandwiches too often to feel like I'm doing it right. That's partially a poverty thing, but even if I have all of the ingredients for eggplant parmesan, when I'm tired and hurting, I go for the convenience. I do try to have pre-made stuff in the fridge, but that's just not always how it works out.

Not really related, and gross, but I woke up this morning with diarrhea AGAIN for about the eighth time in the last six months. I can't figure out what's causing it but it's making me miserable for days at a time, then leaving me alone for weeks, then it's back with a vengeance for a day or two, then gone again and the cycle continues. No one else in my house is getting sick, in between bouts I'm fine, and I can't find a common dietary denominator, so I'm at a loss. I guess this means another doctor's visit.





0 comments: