Sunday, April 29, 2012

HAWMC, Day 29

Six Sentence Story. In this day of micro-blogging – brevity is a skill worth honing. Can you tell a story and make it short and sweet? What can you say in six sentences. Check out some here: http://sixsentences.blogspot.com/

Sunday April 29


About a hundred years ago, I bought an old honda, despite knowing it had issues. It started overheating regularly, but I drove it anyway because I had no real options. One day, the car made a popping noise, died, and smoke started seeping out from the engine compartment. I pulled over, opened the hood and saw flame. I slammed the lid back down and called 911, but the damage was done. The fire was fed and my old honda was toast.

That was not a good story. Let's try again.

I was a receptionist and he used to come in and pick up his paychecks. Then we met again through a mutual friend and hit it off immediately. A few months later, we were thrown into living together, and the relationship wavered. When we got back into our own places, we fell back into each other, but we did break up for a few months about a year in. When we rekindled again, we both were ready for the commitment and we moved back in together. We've been partners in life and love for twelve years now, and he still doesn't bore me.

Aw.


0 comments: