Friday, April 20, 2012

HAWMC, Day 20

Miracle Cure. Write a news-style article on a miracle cure. What’s the cure? How do you get the cure? Be sure to include a disclaimer.

Hey everyone, you're not going to believe what happened! I found a pretend miracle cure for chronic migraines!

Sigh. Nevermind, I can't do this.

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood but I feel like I've worked too hard to gain the level of acceptance that I have being sick every day and that this funny bit of fiction I'm being prompted to write is trying to set me back. It might only cause me a day of melancholy but I'm focusing on happiness, growth, and progress, there's simply no room in my head or heart for this kind of fantasy. There are no miracle cures. I can't even joke about it. So, I'll just be over here, grinching it up in my stark reality.

I do get auto alerts when there's migraine news, like when a new drug is being tested or new methods of delivery are being introduced, so it's not that I'm without hope or interest, I just prefer to focus on the realities of my illness and how to deal with them.

The only treatment I've tried that came anywhere close to being cure-like was mushrooms. It worked, I was totally pain free for about two hours, but I was unfortunately tripping my ass off and was completely unable to behave normally until it had worn off enough for my head pain to return. Get on that, scientists!

0 comments: