Tuesday, July 12, 2011

TV of Late

When my head hurts and I can't do anything else, I turn to tv. On the internet, of course.

Nurse Jackie, because Edie Falco is wonderful and the rest of the cast ain't bad either (ZOEY!). The writing is quick and interesting and the storylines are believable and surprising.

Doctor Who. I love sci-fi, comedy and drama, but put them all together in one show and I'm addicted.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's so funny and sad and scary and brilliant all at the same time, I've watched the series through at least five times over the years, and I'm still captivated.

Game of Thrones. This one is rather depressing, but it's good for some drama, if you don't mind adult themes, violence and nudity. I really have to be in the right mood.

The Daily Show. Jon Stewart is one of my favorite people right now. The regular news is depressing, and rarely shows stories that I want to see, in a manner that makes sense to me. The Daily Show picks apart mainstream media, politics, and international affairs with such insightful humor that I'm able to learn about the world without feeling like we're all heading for a Thunderdome situation. But wouldn't Tina Turner make an interesting presidential candidate?

Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. A famous chef is trying to change the way Americans eat, and this (the second) season is focused on the Los Angeles School District.

Xena: Warrior Princess. I never watched this when it first aired, but now I'm seeing what all the hub-bub was about. It's silly and campy and funny and still manages to stay light while dealing with the heavy issues that come with being a warrior princess, forged in the heat of battle. No, really.

And last, but not nearly least, Torchwood. I JUST watched the first episode of the new season and it looks pretty good. I saw a preview that said Lauren Ambrose (Claire, from Six Feet Under) will be in several of the 10 episode season. YAY!

I really would much prefer to go outside, but summer is kicking my ass. So instead, I sit in front of my fan, and soak up the streaming video. What are y'all watching?


PS: The giveaway deadline is fast approaching!


5 comments:

Heather said...

My husband and I don't have cable and only have a few channels, but we still watch TV a lot...probably too much. But distraction sure helps pain! We like How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory. Since those are on reruns now and we recently got Netflix, we've been watching TV shows on Netflix like Dexter and Burn Notice.

We just finished Veronica Mars, which is really random but Netflix recommended it (based on our ratings of other shows) and we LOVED it. The first season is the best, the second's great and the third is just okay, but we still loved it. Netflix took it off of instant play but we were able to finish the series through Hulu. I love the Internet. :)

Jessica said...

My friend calls me Nurse Jackie....not that I steal meds from work, but yea, I'm a regular pill popping nurse. Love that show!!! Of course I do not take medication while working though!!!

Migrainista said...

I do most of my watching online too :) I just started with The Big "C", very interesting so far.

I'm just finishing up Six Feet Under - many years behind on this one :)

I am also behind on Brothers and Sisters but enjoying it anyway.

I'm with you on Jon Stewart...

Sue said...

I love Big C!

And I enjoyed Nurse Jackie too - I thought this season was even betterbthan the first.

Jessica said...

Other favs of mine are also The Big C and Californication!!!