Tuesday, June 12, 2012

NMAM, Days 10-12

I'm not doing so good with the daily posting for this NMAM challenge.

Migraine Awareness Month #10: Name the Spokesperson. Choose any celebrity to represent Migraine (whether they have Migraine or not) who would it be and why?

George Clooney. Everyone loves him, and whenever he talks, people listen like he's a prophet. And Hillary Clinton, because I love her and want her on my side, always.



Migraine Awareness Month #11: "Say What?!" What's the most ridiculous thing ever said to you about Migraines, who said it, and under what circumstances?

"Get over it."

"We all get headaches."

"We have to make accommodations for you now?"

It's frustrating hearing this type of dismissive, patronizing, disrespectful language coming from people who are supposed to care about me, but it happens.



Migraine Awareness Month #12: "Let's Do the Monster Mash!" Choose a movie monster that reminds you of your Migraines and tell us why.

Frankenstein would be a good migraine monster, for the stumbling, groaning, lurching, mumbling creature he was in the movies. Zombies would fit too, for the same reasons. I joke that I'm a vampire, with my aversion to sunlight, but garlic is one of my favorite foods, so maybe not. Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde is also fairly apt because when certain triggers hit me the right way, I can go from smiling to snarling in seconds.


0 comments: