Friday, November 5, 2010

Gratatouille

Being thankful isn't always easy, is it? Luckily, Diana Lee over at Somebody Heal Me is hosting the November 2010 Headache & Migraine Disease Blog Carnival, and the theme is: What are you thankful for despite living with migraine disease? So, let's all take a moment to reflect, shall we?

I have a supportive partner, loving parents, a funny and interesting circle of friends and family, a roof over my head and access to medical care. I have a sweet, smart dog, the internet, and socks on my feet. I can walk, I can think, I can read, and I can breathe.

Sometimes I get lost in how hard my life has become, so taking a moment to look around feels good. At this moment, my honey snores beside me, I have clean water and medication within reach. My neighbor is very generously providing my internet connection. I'm considering making some some hot tea, maybe that apple one that smells like cider.

I took a walk with the dog this morning and took some pictures that may or may not be any good. It doesn't really matter. Early morning walks start the day off so loverly.

This weekend my parents will need me to come over and water plants and feed the turtle. At that time, I am also welcome to eat their food and watch their premium cable. Sweet.

I've got a good life, even with the pain. That's what I'm thankful for.


3 comments:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

I have socks too!! very nice post..

Jessica said...

I need some socks on! Its 50 degrees today...and for Florida...that's freezing!!! =)

steph said...

Socks ftw, haha!