Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mnemonics are Fun!

Settling on an acronym to help me make my head diary entries more informative was easier than I thought. My first instincts seem to have been right in keeping it as simple as possible, and this is what I came up with.

The details I've been neglecting have been regarding sleep, what I eat, the weather and the timing of my symptoms. So, the acronym I've come up with is SWETS, Sleep, Weaher, Eat, Time to Symptoms. Ideally, I need to be breaking everything down by time, when I get dizzy versus when I feel nauseous and all that, but I know I can't keep up with that. It's a challenge just to bathe myself once a day, some days. So, I figure, recording when the symptoms start in the day is going to be enough, until I am capable of more.


Questions to ask myself daily:

How's the weather? Sunny? Temperature? Humidity? Smog?

How'd you sleep? And for how long? Coma, interrupted z's, no sleep, 2200-0800, etc.

What have you eaten in the past 24 hours? Include serving size or nutritional estimate, if I remember.

How long from waking did the symptoms start?


0 comments: