Friday, September 22, 2017

Cardio is my Salvation

Hey it's time for another exercise chart!

Not bad, not amazing, but for someone in a constant state of migraine this is not terrible at all!


What I'm not tracking is how much better I've been at keeping my house clean and how I've added strength exercises to my routine. I'm doing pushups, situps, and using weights nearly every day I don't have to focus my energy elsewhere. I'm developing biceps!

As a result I've been needing more of a challenge for my shorter hikes. I always start out going uphill because if I get sick it's much easier to slowly make it back downhill than up. But my jog back downhill is too easy most days I have to keep it short (my body's capabilities far surpass the stamina of my head at this point) so I've started doing it backwards! It felt so strange at first - and dizziness does stop me sometimes - but it's a fantastic leg workout, it's good for my balance, and there isn't anyone around to see me anyway, so it's my new habit.

I've become one of those people who loves exercise, I look forward to my daily cardio and am disappointed when I can't work out. I like my blood pressure readings at the doctor and how much my stamina has increased. I feel so free when my body is working and my mind is relatively quiet, it's been more than worth the years of work to get to this point.

1 comments:

C. said...

Yeah! Work it, sister!