Thursday, April 14, 2011

Forward Movements

I've always been resistant to change. It scares me. But things have got to change for me. I'm not happy. I feel useless and uninteresting. My life is aimless and painful. And it's suffocating me.

So, I'm still moving forward, very slowly, on the schooling front. I'll have an appointment with the disabilities folks in the next week or so. It still may not pan out for several reasons, and I still don't have any kind of a plan in mind for my education, just that I want to get one. I'm hoping the appointment will, at least, give me some clarity.

And I am applying for a from-home volunteer job in a field I've never worked in before. There's no pay, but it'd be a fantastic learning experience, so I'm really hoping that the company can see past my limitations and understand that I really want to do this job for them.

It's exciting to have prospects, and terrifying. I've been out of work for over three years, and out of school for over ten, it's not hard to imagine myself flailing and failing.

So, I'm just going to imagine myself kicking ass, instead.



6 comments:

Jessica said...

Go kick some ass!!!

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

Steph - I cannot imagine you doing anything other than kicking ass and excelling at anything you choose. Exciting times - yeah!!!!

steph said...

Thanks ladies!

Migrainista said...

Yes, go and kick ass :) It's so important to have something in your life that you care about.

Sue said...

Yay!!! Go for it!

Heather said...

I thought I'd never go back to school, but here I am. You can do it! Let me know if you need advice or help with anything. :)