Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Hey Medicare! Thanks for the coverage!

Apparently, the poorer and more desperate you are, the easier it is to get medical care. I walked into the emergency room without a dollar in my pocket and was given a card and a promise of 6 months of free medical treatment. WHAT? I've gone through months of paperwork and hold music and confusing, half-assed pamphlets to try and figure out how to get covered so I can see a doctor again, because, and no offense marijuana, but my self-treatment isn't getting me anywhere but broke. I finally reached my breaking point and went in. I knew my local hospital would see me if I went into the ER, but I had no idea that they would refer me to the "urgent care", which had far fewer screaming children and actual empty chairs that I could sit on. And no wait. I walked in, I checked in, I sat down and BAM! they called my name. WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME ABOUT THIS??? They didn't help me much at the time, with a shot of toradol and a scrip for beta blockers, midrin and nortriptyline, none of which have done a thing for me, but this is still good news. I have an appointment for another head scan, a referral to a new neuro, and a renewed sense of future.

1 comments:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

Woo Hoo!!!!!

Something that works as it should in healthcare?? What's the world coming to! Glad for the good news!